Computer Forensics: Gary Huestis
The director of forensic services is Gary Huestis, EnCase Certified Examiner. In addition, he is a licensed Private Investigator, a Certified Data Recovery Professional (CDRP), and a Member of InfraGard.
Gary Huestis started his computer career in 1988 working for Compaq Computer Corporation. As a Systems Engineer he was responsible for configuring, testing and debugging hardware and software slated to ship with their computer systems. After leaving Compaq in 2000 Gary focused his full attention on Computer Forensics. Gary became an EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) in 2005. Since that time Gary has worked hundreds of computer forensic cases, with work including data collection, electronic discovery, forensic investigations and expert testimony.
Gary education includes:
- Computer Forensics training on EnCase software with Cyber Evidence and Guidance Software
- Computer Forensics training on Forensics Toolkit software with Acquisition Data and Access Data
- Computer Forensics training on first responder and drive acquisitions with Cyber Evidence
- Data Recovery training with InfoSec Institute
- Member of SHACS (Sam Houston Association of Computer Scientists).
- Completed training classes in the following: Advanced DOS, Linux, Statistics Process Control, Process Improvement, and several PC Architecture classes including PCI.
Gary also has over 20 years in general IT services including being a Certified Microsoft System Builder, Certified Microsoft Partner, A Microsoft Certified Professional, A Certified Linksys and Intel Partner. In addition to being CompTIA A+ certified.
Gary has performed hundreds of forensic investigations on a large array of cases. Cases have included Theft of Data/Intellectual Property,Non-Compete Enforcement, Disputes in Mergers and Acquisitions, Identification of Data Centric Assets, Criminal Charges, and network damage assessment. Gary has been the lead investigator in over 200+ cases that have been before the courts. Cases included such high profile cases as:
- For the Plaintiff in Function Media vs Google
- For the Defendant in Chevron USA vs Qiang Zhou and Maxwell Dynamics
- For the Plaintiff in Individual Network vs Apple
- For the Defendant in Iron Sky vs Keith Drummond
Gary has been an expert witness and a disposed expert in over 30 court cases including:
- For the Defendant in State of Texas vs Brandon Eugene Ford
- For the Defendant in CCPJV,Inc. dba Complete Curb Products vs Karen Spaulding and McDaniel Metals, Inc.
- For the Plaintiff in First Source Electrical Supply vs Key Electrical Supply